Swampscott Historical Society
The Swampscott Historical Society's mission is to preserve the Sir John Humphreys House (built in 1637) and preserve the town's history. The society has 135 members. It hosts spring and fall lectures and displays historical artifacts inside the Humphreys House.
These artifacts include the wooden propeller from one of the first single-wing planes. It had been flown at Fisherman's Beach in Swampscott.
The society opens the Sir John Humphreys House to the public every July 4.
Then and Now answer: Fisherman's Beach.
- Hours: The society meets monthly and its subcommittees meet regularly.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1920
- Parking: On-street: free
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Cameras allowed?: Yes