1. Weather Watch:
Monday's forecast calls for sun and a high temperature of 81.
- Sunrise: 5:54 a.m.
- High tide: 10:09 a.m.
- Low tide: 4:09 p.m.
- Sunset: 7:38 p.m.
2. Art Attack on the Beach:Join The Noteworthies Tuesday, Aug. 20 at 7:30 pm for an Art Attack. The group will be singing outside next to Red Rock Bistro in Swampscott with their new friends, the Essex County 4 Barbershop Quartet. Each will sing a few summery songs from their repertoires. An Art Attack is a planned gathering of artists in a public space, organized by the nonprofit Red Rock Events, Arts & Community House (RREACH), a group of artists and residents whose mission is to establish a cultural community center in Swampscott. Grab and ice cream or frozen yogurt nearby and listen to the show.
3. ZBA Notes:
The Swampscott Zoning Board of Appeals is scheduled to meet Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Swampscott Senior Center.
4. Swampscott Selectmen:
The selectmen meet Wednesday night at 7 at Town Hall. Items for discussion include and the filling of a vacancy on the police force.
5. High School meeting
New Swampscott High Principal Ed Rozmiarek will host a meeting Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Swampscott High auditorium. The topic: Opening Day plans. The meeting open to all who want to come to it.
Engage with your neighbors on Swamspcott Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on our community in a blog.