1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The Swampscott Finance Committee meets at 7 p.m. at Town Hall in the first floor conference room and the Historical Commission also meets at 7 p.m. at Town Hall, only in the second floor conference room.
2) Newsbit of the Day: Swampscott and Salem are jointly applying to the latest round of the Solarize Massachusetts program. The three-year-old program's objective is to drive community adoption of solar photovoltaic (PV) projects through local marketing and installation efforts. The program helps drive down the cost of installation of small-scale solar PV while at the same time educating communities about its benefits.
To help us with the application, the town planner os asking residents to fill out a very short survey.
Online Survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SolarizeMA
3) Swampscott Scholars: Marian Shtyrkov of Swampscott, class of 2015 at Tufts University, was named to the Dean's List at Tufts University in the fall semester 2012. Dean's List honors at Tufts University require a semester grade point average of 3.4 or greater.
4) Weather Watch: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
5) Big Blue Watch: The boys hockey team showdown with Marblehead is Wednesday at 8 p.m. at Salem State.