1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The policy subcommittee of the Swampscott School Committee meets at 4 p.m. in the principal's conference room at Swampscott High.
2) Newsbit of the Day: Course Selection Night for Parents of Incoming Freshmen
The high school extends its welcome to the parents of next year’s incoming freshmen. This event will focus on high school life, the course selection process, and important information for freshmen parents about successfully navigating the high school years. It’s an opportunity to meet with administration, guidance, and department heads. This event is also open to private/charter school parents intending to enroll their students at SHS next year.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12th at 7:00 PM in the SHS Auditorium
3) Swampscott Scholars: Emily Dale was named to the University of Delaware's Dean's List for Fall 2012.
To meet eligibility requirements for the Dean's List, a student must be enrolled full-time and earn a GPA of 3.33 or above for the semester.
4) Weather Watch: Increasing clouds, with a high near 22. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon.
5) Big Blue Watch: The girls varsity basketball team goes on the road to take on Gloucester at 7 p.m.