Here are five things to know Jan. 10, 2013 in Swampscott:
1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The Athletic Field Study Committee meets at 7:15 p.m. at Town Hall. Agenda items include a presentation by Barry Greenfield on alternative funding for the project.
2) Newsbit of the Day: MassDOT has awarded the Swampscott Senior Center a grant of about $47,000, or about 80 percent of the cost of buying a bus. The town will spend about $10,000 on the bus, announced Vice Chairman David Van Dam.
3) Swampscott Scholars: Swampscott High Class of 2012 graduate Amanda Buks received the Swampscott High School Alumni Scholarship.
4) Weather Watch: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
5) Big Blue Watch: The Swampscott High swim team competes against Beverly today at 8 p.m. in the Beverly YMCA pool.
Coop Marblehead/Swampscott team, take on Danvers and Hamilton/Wenham at 6 p.m. Thursday at Swampscott High in the field house.