1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The Renewable Energy Committee, 6:30 p.m., the Capital Improvement Committee, 6:30 p.m., and the Recreation Commission, 7:30 p.m., all meet Monday at Town Hall.
2) Newsbit of the Day: On Wednesday the Athletic Field Study Committee talked about proposals to fund an artificial turf field.
They talked about a three-phase approach that in the first phase would fund installation of the surface with town money.
Phases two and three would use non-town funding including private contributions to pay for lighting and stands.
The study committee also talked about a single-phase approach that would propose a town funded artificial surface but no lights.
The board took no vote and will continue talks next week before reporting their findings to the Board of Selectmen.
Artificial turf funding would need town meeting support.
3) Swampscott Scholars: Monica Mosho of Swampscott was named to the Dean's List at Fairfield University for the fall 2012 semester. Fairfield University, a comprehensive Jesuit university in Fairfield, Conn., challenges its students to lead inspired lives of leadership and service. To be selected for the Dean's List, a student must attain a grade point average of at least 3.5, of a possible 4.0.
4) Weather Watch: Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
5) Big Blue Watch: The boys and girls basketball teams play Winthrop tonight at 7. The girls play at Swampscott High and the boys play at Winthrop.