.

Swampscott Resident Taken to Hospital as Result of House Fire

Firefighters quickly extinguished a fire on Superior Street. It appeared to have started because of a cigarette.

A Superior Street resident was taken to a local hospital to be evaluated for smoke inhalation in the wake of a Wednesday fire.

Firefighters responded about 12:15 p.m. to 2 Superior St., near the Lynn line, to find a fire in the rear bedroom of a two-and-a-half story house. Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to that room.

Fire companies from Swampscott, Lynn and Marblehead assisted during the incident.

The home is in a residential neighborhood of two- and three-story homes within sight of the railroad station. The damaged home is a light-colored New Englander with a porch. The first floor is rental unit and the owner lives on the second floor, according to the Swampscott Fire Department.

We'll post more when we know it.

For breaking Swampscott news as it happens, sign up for Swampscott Patch email alerts.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »