The following is an excerpt from the Swampscott Police Department's log:
Thursday, Feb. 27:
- At 1:17 a.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious motor vehicle on Paradise Road. Robert Payne, 23, of 6 Ward St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
- At 12:01 p.m., police responded to an alarm on Burrill Street.
- At 12:38 p.m., police responded to a report of a wire down near Clarke School. The wire was determined to be a phone line. Verizon was notified.
- At 2:38 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Railroad Avenue.
- At 9:07 p.m., police responded to a report of a "drunk youth staggering up the street" near the intersection of Boynton and Burrill streets.
- At 5:52 a.m., police responded to an alarm on Atlantic Avenue.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to email@example.com.