The following is an excerpt from the Swampscott Police logs.
Friday, Sept. 14
- At 8:37 a.m., police assisted state police with a routine search of the building at 55 Atlantic Ave.
- At 1:20 p.m., an Eastman Avenue caller reported being a victim of identity theft.
- At 3:54 p.m. a mother told police that her daughter alleged that a school bus driver assaulted her.
Saturday, Sept. 15
- At 5:05 a.m., police received a report that the power was out in the Puritan Road area from the Forbes gas station to Galloupes Point. National Grid was notified.
- At 9:47 a.m., police received a report of a Honda Civic with its rear window smashed out in the Fisherman's Beach parking lot.
- At 10:58 a.m., police receive a report of two large dogs unleashed at the Stanley School field while children played soccer.
- At 5:39 p.m., a person came to the police station and reported that someone had stolen a UPS package from his front porch on Aug. 21.
- At 5:48 p.m., a caller reported a motor vehicle accident in the parking lot at 413 Paradise Road.
- At 5:52 p.m., a Humphrey Street caller reported a bright red Pontiac had hit his girlfriend's parked car across the street from Fisherman's Beach and fled.
Sunday, Sept. 16
- At 2:26 p.m., a caller reported seeing a young boy, maybe 4 or 5, jumping off the curb into Essex Street between the Swampscott Cemetery and the Salem line.
- At 3:49 p.m., police received a report from a Minerva Street caller about youths throwing rocks.
For questions about the log, email email@example.com
Want to share your opinions with your community? Start your own blog here.