The following is an excerpt from the logs.
Thursday, Sept. 6
- At 6:37 p.m., a Puritan Road resident reported that her gas had been shut off during utility work but was not turned back on after the work was done for the day. The resident was advised to call National Grid and report the problem and to call the police station if she was unable to get help for National Grid.
Friday, Sept. 7
- At 5:49 p.m., police responded to a King's Beach caller's report about a carcass on the beach. Police reported finding what appeared to be a dead seal on the beach.
- At 6:03 p.m., a person came into the station and reported jewelry had been stolen from the person's unlocked car at 450 Paradise Road.
- At 11:34 p.m., several vehicles were struck and two were damaged by a falling tree on King Street.
Saturday, Sept. 8,
- At 7 a.m., police received a report of a tree limb coming down on the sidewalk and roadway at the intersection of Paradise Road and Walker Road.
- At 2 p.m., police received a report of two kayakers on the rocks of Galloupes Point Road. Unknown if they are in distress.
- At 2:55 p.m., an individual was having an argument on Essex Street and punched a car's windshield. The individual refused medical treatment.
- At 5:53 p.m., a caller stated that her friend went kayaking an hour ago and has not come back. Her friend, Maryan Lisovich, 23, was not wearing a life jacket. He left and was headed toward . Police contacted the Fire Department, the Coast Guard and police in Marblehead, Lynn and Nahant. A Coast Guard helicopter arrived on the scene. At 8:13 p.m., police received a report of a blue kayak washing up on Eisman's Beach. Later, about 11:41 p.m., the kayak was placed in the Police Station garage.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to share your opinions with your community? Start your own blog here.