Monday, Oct. 22
- At 7:33 a.m., police received a report from a caller about a motor vehicle accident in the upper parking lot at Swampscott Middle School. A metal lamp pole was down and electrical wires were exposed. National Grid was notified.
Tuesday, Oct. 23
- At 8:24 a.m., a police officer was injured in the parking lot at the police station. The officer was transported to the hospital by ambulance.
- At 8:40 a.m., two girls appeared to be lost at Andrew Road and Thomas Road. The girls were given a ride to Hadley School.
- At 9:42 a.m., the town's animal control officer was notified about a missing chow dog with red fur in the Elwin Street area.
- At 12:39 p.m., a man was charged with an ordinance violation for possessing a knife with a blade longer than 21/2-inches. (See below.)
- At 7:55 p.m., police received a report of a coyote running around the Franklin Avenue area. The caller was advised that was normal behavior for the animal.
- Robert Galatis, 34, of 124 Green St. in Lynn was cahred with violation of a town ordinance for possessing a knife with a blade longer than 2 1/2-inches.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to share your opinions with your community? Start your own blog here.