The following is an excerpt from the Swampscott Police log:
Monday, Sep. 26
- At 10:43 a.m. police responded to Beach Bluff Ave., for a break-in to a home.
- At 1:14 p.m. police responded to Young Ave. for a report of a burglary in process. The resident's back door was kicked in.
Tuesday, Sep. 27
- At 9 a.m. police moved along a person going through trash on Eastman Ave.
- At 1:42 p.m. an injured squirrel was reported on Phillips Avenue.
Thursday, Sep. 29
- At 9:46 p.m. four juveniles were taken into custody outside after they allegedly assaulted a female classmate.
Friday, Sep. 30
- A group of solicitors was told they need a permit to go door-to-door at 5:30 p.m. on Devens Road.
- Two teenagers were transported to the hospital after being found "heavily intoxicated" on Redington Street.
Saturday, Oct. 1
- A stove fire was extinguished at 11 a.m. on Beverly Road.
- At 10 p.m. police responded to Foster Road for a report of youth with a torch. Police found a group of boys around a firepit.
Monday, Oct. 3
- At 1:39 a.m. a resident of Middlesex Ave. complained about her neighbor smoking marijuana. Police did not find neighbor smoking.
- At 4:15 p.m. a track coach reported a group of girls was approached by an older man. Police did not locate the man.
Tuesday, Oct. 4
- A resident of Littles Point Road complained that their neighbor was pumping water onto their property.
Wednesday, Oct. 5
- A weed-whacker was reported stolen at 8:50 a.m. on Essex Street.
- At 9:07 a.m. a resident of Paradise Road told police they caught their son smoking marijuana and wanted him out of the house.
- At 9:46 a.m. an electrical pole snapped in half and was leaning against a tree on Nichols Street.
- At 4:07 p.m. police received several reports of a woman in active labor on Connolly Avenue. The fire and police departments responded and report the birth of a healthy baby girl. The mother and child were transported to Salem Hospital.
- At 6:21 p.m. a black dog with a white nose was found on Pine Hill Road.
Thursday, Oct. 6
- At 4:25 a.m. a water main broke on Humphrey Street. DPW was notified.
- At 8:06 a.m. a resident of Bates Road reported she left some laundry out to dry and it had been taken.
The following people were arrrested:
- Shaun Cave, 64, 24 Mountwood Road, was arrested on a warrant.
- Yazna Alvarez, 43, 93 Lynnway, Lynn, was arrested on charges of driving without a license, speeding and failure to stop for police.
- Alan Mark Comins, 1006 Paradise Road, was arrested on charges of driving without a license and driving with a suspended license, driving an uninsured vehicle and driving an unregistered vehicle.
- Nicholas Mitchell, 41, 1946 Washington St., Auburndale, was arrested on charges of speeding in a special regulation zone and driving with a suspended license.
For questions about the blotter, email email@example.com