The Hometown Wellness Showdown: A total wellness challenge to crown the healthiest Y & town in Eastern Mass
Challenge Runs: September 17-October 12
Registration: September 7-16
Are you stuck in a diet or fitness rut, and need something to kickstart your health goals? Our Y is pairing up with Lose It!,boston.com/getmoving and YMCAs from across the region to bring our community a four-week total wellness challenge.
In September, we’re helping our neighbors change or improve their diet and exercise habits- and earn points for participating. The town with the most points will earn the crown of the healthiest town in Eastern Mass. Help your town and YMCA win the Showdown by logging your exercise and healthy meals to contribute to your Y or community’s total! Win hundreds of prizes from brands like New Balance, Oster, HealthoMeter, Fitbit and more. If you already eat well and exercise regularly, join the challenge, log and earn points to help your Y or town win the crown.
We are also hosting free community fitness and nutrition events, in each of our six locations throughout the north shore to keep you motivated and having fun getting fit!
Here’s How It Works:
- Sign up for the challenge at boston.com/getmoving
- Fill in your profile, choose your hometown team and your local YMCA.
- Log your meals, snacks, and exercise on the Lose It!: Showdown app or website throughout the 4-week challenge. Your points are combined with your teammates’ to help your community compete for the healthiest title.
- Participants that earn 50 points will be entered into the prize drawing that takes place each Tuesday.
- Grand prizes awarded to winners include one $500 shopping spree to the Jarden Store, 5 Lose It! premium accounts, iPad 3, 2 FitBit Aria Scales, 2 FitBit Ultra devices and YMCA Membership.
- Receive support along the way from boston.com/getmoving and your YMCA.
- Achieve your goal to improve your health!
As an added bonus: Y member and Showdown participants receive a 20% discount at participating New Balance retail locations! Another great reason to join us and get healthy. Y members can show a membership card to receive the discount. Non-members, pick up your coupon at your local Y! Offer valid September 7 through October 12.