1) Weather Watch — National Weather Service forecasters are predicting showers early followed by clouds and gradual clearing. The day's high temperature will be near 52.
2) Tide Watch — Today's low tide at is 4:54 am (.92 ft). High tide is 11:09 am (9.72 ft). The sun will rise at 6:29 am and set at 4:25 pm.
3) Swampscott Scrambler — Unscramble these letters to spell the name of a Swampscott person, place or thing (answer to be posted tomorrow):
Thursday's answer: flounder
4) In 1938, Kate Smith first sang Irving Berlin's "God Bless America" on network radio. (From http://www.on-this-day.com)
5) Veterans Watch: The town will hold a Veterans Day ceremony at 11:11 am on Monument Avenue by the big flagpole. The public is invited to attend.