Here are five things to know for the final day of 2012 in Swampscott:
1) Plan for the Polar Bear Plunge: The 7th annual Swampscott Yacht Club Polar Bear Plunge is Tuesday at Fisherman's Beach. Sign in begins at 10:15 a.m. with the icy dip at 11 a.m. Proceeds benefit the family of Dave Whelan. Forecast for the Plunge calls for sunny and highs of 36. Balmy!
2) Newsbit of the Day: Did you miss our Kitty of the Year that we posted this weekend? Then you missed out on our video (and a catchy original tune). If you watch only one video about a sweetheart cat with neurological problems, this is the one.
3) Tips for New Year's Resolutions: If you make them, here are some tips on keeping them.
4) Weather Watch: Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
5) New Year's Eve for the Younger Set: Pizzeria Uno will hold a party for kids. Balloon drops are set for 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Engage with your neighbors on Swampscott Patch: