Here are five things to know for Dec. 27 in Swampscott:
1) Overnight Snow Not Expected to Accumulate: Last night's forecast was calling for snow before 1 a.m., switching to rain and snow from 1-4 a.m. and becoming rain after 4 a.m. Winds could have gusted as high as 50 mph.
2) Newsbit of the Day: The newest member of the Athletic Field Study Committee is lacrosse coach Josh Field. The group is tasked with the question of installing natural or artificial turf.
3) Swampscott Scholars: Congratulations to Tatum Pederson, who snagged the Edward I. Shub Memorial Scholarship.
4) Weather Watch: Rain. High near 46. Very windy, with a east wind 30 to 40 mph decreasing to 13 to 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
5) Get Swampscott Patch on Facebook: If Facebook is a part of your daily life, "like" our Facebook page to get updates on the latest local news. The discussion there can also be fun, with more than 1,000 other Swampscott folks in the mix.
Engage with your neighbors on Swampscott Patch: