1) Weather Watch — National Weather Service forecasters call for a mostly sunny day with a high near 73.
2) Tide Watch — Today's low tide is 2:01 pm (.82 feet). High tide is 8:09 pm (8.46 feet). The sun will rise at 5:43 am and set at 7:53 pm.
3) In Government — The meets for its summer retreat today at the Middle School starting at 8:30 am.
4) Lottery Numbers for Monday —
Mega Millions:6-24-28-33-42 Megaball 19 Megaplier x3
Powerball: 25-30-54-57-59 Powerball 6 Power Play x3
The Numbers Game:
Mass Cash: 2-5-9-10-24
5) 50 Years Ago in Swampscott, Aug. 9, 1961: The Comins Family volunteered to host a Brazilian student, Cibele Nogueira, of Rio de Janero. The visit was part of the American Field Services student exchange program. Cibele was to study for one year at then tour the United States the next summer. (From Lynn Daily Item.)