1) Newsbit of the Day: Bring the kids to the Swampscott Farmers' Market this Sunday and they will see a monster lobster from Cherry Street Fish Market. Kids will be able to touch the lobster.
The market will also unveil its new weekly free raffle. Stop by the information table and grab a raffle ticket to drop in the fish bowl. Each week the market will give away T-shirts, market bags and merchant voucher tickets which can be turned in for merchandise from one of the Sunday market's fantastic vendors. The market is at the high school in the parking lot and open from 10-1.
2) Swampscott Scholars: More than 3,000 students graduated from Tufts University on May 20. The graduates from the School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Engineering included Ella Kipervasser of Swampscott, who earned a bachelor's degree in Russian and Eastern European Studies graduating summa cum laude. Author and former Navy SEAL Eric Greitens was the commencement speaker.
3) Food For Thought: What a good thing Adam had. When he said a good thing he knew nobody had said it before. Mark Twain
4) Weather Watch: The National Weather Service is predicting a sunny day with a high near 77.
5) Business Listing Watch: VIDEO: Businesses: Time to Claim Your Listing on Patch! It's Free! And Comes With Extra Cheese!
Business owners can claim listings in Patch Places to better promote their business and inform readers.