Here are five things to know Jan. 11, 2013 in Swampscott:
1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The Planning Board meets Monday at 7 at the senior center, at 200 Essex St — the rear of the high school.
2) Newsbit of the Day: On Tuesday, Jan. 22 at 6:30 p.m. the Swampscott Public Library will present a free program called "Healthy Yummy Kids". This program includes 7 simple strategies to feeding your kids well so they become more adventurous eaters and end mealtime struggles. It will be presented by Nina Manolson, MA, CHC, Family Wellness Expert and founder of HealthyYummyKids.com
- This program will help parents to cultivate a healthy mindset for the whole family.
- They will learn how to make changes without feeling overwhelmed or like the "food police" ;
- How to navigate the fast food and junk food world ; and the secrets to making healthy eating easy and fun for the whole family.
Nina Manolson is also the creator of the Smokin' Hot Moms program, and you can learn more about her at http://www.smokinhotmom.com/
3) Swampscott Scholars: Swampscott High Class of 2012 graduate Nicholas Hartmann received the Swampscott High School Band Association Scholarship.
4) Weather Watch: Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
5) Big Blue Watch: The Big Blue boys basketball team plays at home vs Revere at 7 tonight; and the girls varsity basketball team plays Revere away at 7.