Here are five things to know Jan. 29, 2013 in Swampscott:
1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The Swampscott Library Trustees meet tonight at 6:20 p.m. at the library. Agenda items include the 2014 budget and a renovation to the Baldwin Room.
2) Newsbit of the Day: Interested in learning how to cook? Enjoy a series of two hour cooking classes with G Bar & Kitchen Chef Gregg Brackman at 256 Humphrey Street in Swampscott on Tuesdays in February. Classes will be held on Tuesdays, February 5,12,19 and 26 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Also: Saturday the 9th and 23rd from 11-2. Enjoy instruction, recipes and delightful dishes. Cost is $45 per lesson or $150 for the four-part series. Call Gregg at 781-596-2226 to register today. Class size limited to ten students.
3) Swampscott Scholars: Molly Heller was a recipient of the Dean's Award for academic excellence during the 2012 fall term at Colgate University, where Heller is a member of the Class of 2014.
To be eligible for the Dean's Award, a Colgate student must achieve higher than a 3.30 avereage while enrolled in at least four courses. Heller is a graduate of Swampscott High School.
4) Weather Watch: A slight chance of snow and freezing rain before 11am, then a slight chance of rain and sleet between 11am and noon. Cloudy, with a high near 34.
5) Big Blue Watch: The Swampscott High divers will be in action today at 5 at Salem State for the NECs. The swimmers take to the pool on Wednesday at 5 at Salem State.