1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. at the Swampscott Senior Center, located at the rear of Swampscott High School. Also, the Capital Improvement Committee meets at 6 p.m. at Town Hall in the second floor conference room.
2) Newsbit of the Day: Course Selection Night for Parents of Incoming Freshmen
The high school extends its welcome to the parents of next year’s incoming freshmen. This event will focus on high school life, the course selection process, and important information for freshmen parents about successfully navigating the high school years. It’s an opportunity to meet with administration, guidance, and department heads. This event is also open to private/charter school parents intending to enroll their students at SHS next year.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12th at 7:00 PM in the SHS Auditorium
3) Swampscott Scholars: Sophie Polins was named to the University of Delaware's Dean's List for Fall 2012.
To meet eligibility requirements for the Dean's List, a student must be enrolled full-time and earn a GPA of 3.33 or above for the semester.
4) Weather Watch: Rain, mainly before 5pm. Patchy fog after 1pm. High near 45. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
5) Big Blue Watch: On Tuesday the girls varsity basketball team goes on the road to take on Saugus at 7 p.m.; and the boys basketball team host Saugus at home, also at 7 p.m.