1) Town and School Meeting Watch: On Tuesday the Contributory Retirement Board is scheduled to meet in the Town Hall conference room at 8 a.m.. Also at Town Hall, the School Committee will meet in the office of the town administrator at 11:30 a.m. for budget talks; the Finance Committee meets at 7 in the first-floor conference room; and the Renewable Energy Committee meets at 7 p.m. in the second-floor conference room. In addition, Trustees of the Public Library meet at 6:30 p.m. in the Baldwin Room at the library.
2) Newsbit of the Day: The Renewable Energy Committee wants to partner with school officials for building improvements on the next round of Green Community grants. Maximum grants are for $250,000. Swampscott is a designated Massachusetts Green Community.
3) Swampscott Scholars: Jessica Brudnick was among the students from the University of Massachusetts Boston who made the Fall 2012 Dean's List:
4) Weather Watch: Partly sunny, with a high near 39. North wind 8 to 10 mph.
5) School Watch: School is back in session after last week's February vacation.
Here are items listed on the School District calendar:
06:00PM HS - REC. DEPT. - FITNESS CLASS
- 06:00PM MS - Swampscott/Nahant Youth Basket
- 07:00PM HS - REC. DEPT - KNITTING CLASS
- 08:30PM HS - REC. DEPT - MEN'S BASKETBALL
- SE - Wear Your PJs to School Day
- MS - NO HOMEWORK/UNPLUG NIGHT
- SE - Cultural Arts/Yoga during PE
- 02:40PM HS - SHS DRAMA CLUB - DRAMA FESTIVA
- 04:00PM HS - MCAS WORKSHOP
- 06:30PM HS - PTF MEETING
- 07:00PM HS - SHS HALL OF FAME MEETING