Here are five things to know Jan. 15, 2013 in Swampscott:
1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The Swampscott Open Space Recreation Plan Committee meets at 6:30, the Finance Committee meets at 7 and the Beautification Committee meets at 7. All three meetings are tonight at Town Hall.
2) Newsbit of the Day: The American Liver Foundation still has spots available on their 2013 Run for Research Boston Marathon team. It’s challenging to qualify for the Boston Marathon, and charity spots go quickly. But for anyone looking to participate in this inspiring Boston tradition, consider joining the Run for Research team. This year will mark the 25th year participating as a charity partner of the Boston Marathon. The Run for Research Team is dedicated to raising funds and awareness for the American Liver Foundation.
- Organization: American Liver Foundation
- Causes: Health
- Date(s): April 15th, 2013
- Contact person: Lauren Gainor
- Phone: (617) 527 – 5600
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.liverfoundation.org/
3) Swampscott Scholars: Swampscott High Class of 2012 graduate William Legere received the Swampscott High School Class of 1966 Scholarship.
4) Weather Watch: Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
5) Big Blue Watch: The girls basketball team plays Peabody at home at 7 Tuesday while the boys team travels to Peabody for a game at 7. The Big Blue swimmers will be in the pool at Salem State against Salem High on Tuesday, as well. The meet is at 6:30.