Here are five things to know Jan. 28, 2013 in Swampscott:
1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The Board of Assessors is scheduled to meet at 4 p.m. in the second-floor conference room. The agenda indicates the meeting could be behind closed doors if the chairman decides that an open session could have a detrimental effect on obtaining qualified applicants. The session is to consider or interview applicants for employment or appointment by a preliminary screening committee.
2) Newsbit of the Day: At the January PJ Library Make and Take children celebrated Tu B’Shevat, the birthday of the trees, with songs, a special story and crafts, including making a bird feeder, decorating a planwill have a detrimental effect on obtaining qualified applicants. ter, and planting parsley. PJ Library Make and Take is a free Jewish story and craft hour for three and four year olds and is held at Cohen Hillel Academy. The next Make and Take will be on Wednesday, February 13, 3:30 p.m. at Cohen Hillel Academy, 6 Community Rd. in Marblehead. Walk-ins are welcome. For more information or to register contact Phyllis Osher at 978-740-4404 or email@example.com. PJ Library Make and Take is a free program of Cohen Hillel Academy and the Robert I. Lappin Charitable Foundation and is funded in part with an allocation from the Jewish Federation of the North Shore.
3) Swampscott Scholars: Swampscott High 2012 graduate Lara Dandreo received the Swampscott Women’s Club Scholarship.
4) Weather Watch: Snow likely, mainly after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 34. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
5) Big Blue Watch: The Swampscott High boys and girls basketball teasm play against Lynn English on Tuesday. The girls play at home and the boys play on the road.