1) Newsbit of the Day: Thursday and Friday trash pick-up in Swampscott will be a day behind this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
So that means those who regularly have their trash and recycling items collected Thursdays will be serviced on Friday this week.
And those who regularly have their trash and recycling items collected Fridays will be serviced on Saturday this week.
Here's hoping there's no leftovers and even Aunt Alice's 10-pound fruit cake gets eaten.
2) Swampscott Sports: The Swampscott High Big Blue football team plays its annual Thanksgiving game against arch-rival Marblehead at 10 am at Blocksidge Field at Phillips Park in Swampscott.
3) Bit of Turkey Talk: Looking ahead to leftovers
Reheating Your Turkey
In the Oven
- Set the oven temperature no lower than 325 °F.
- Reheat turkey to an internal temperature of 165 °F. Use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature.
- To keep the turkey moist, add a little broth or water and cover.
In the Microwave Oven
- Cover your food and rotate it for even heating. Allow standing time.
- Check the internal temperature of your food with a food thermometer to make sure it reaches 165 °F.
- Consult your microwave oven owner's manual for recommended times and power levels.
4) Weather Watch: The National Weather Service is forecasting a sunny day with a high near 50.
5) Business Listing Watch: VIDEO:
Businesses: Time to Claim Your Listing on Patch! It's Free! And Comes With Extra Cheese!
Business owners can claim listings in Patch Places to better promote their business and inform readers.