With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to Maison de Mer and pick out some pretty candles or soaps or candle holders or soap dishes for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Go to Flores Mantilla for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to Spirit of 76 bookstore and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to Newman's Bakery and order a festive cake or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to Olympia Sports and pick up a gift certificate or new running shoes or sporting accessories for the athlete in your life.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.