1) Newsbit of the Day: A Bed for Every Child and UNO Chicago Grill in Swampscott are partnering to raise money for children who do not have a bed to call their own. UNO is hosting a Dough Raiser to support A Bed for Every Child on Thursday, October 25, 2012 from 11:30 a.m. to midnight. Up to 20% of all sales from dine in, take-out and delivery checks will be donated to A Bed for Every Child. Simply ask for a ticket at the front desk to give to your waiter or waitress to notify them of your participation.
A Bed for Every Child is an initiative of the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless that provides a new mattress, box spring and linens to school age children without a bed living in Lynn, Boston, Worcester, and Brockton. This year, the Coalition hopes to raise enough money to distribute 1,500 new beds to children whose families are living in poverty and cannot afford to buy or replace a bed.
Who: A Bed for Every Child and the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless
What: Support A Bed for Every Child and come to the UNO Dough Raiser. UNO will donate up to 20% of your dine-in, takeout or delivery checks to A Bed for Every Child. All the proceeds will go toward the initiative and will change a child's life. Be sure to ask for a ticket at the front desk to notify UNO that you are supporting A Bed for Every Child or you may email Alycia Dell'Orfano for a PDF of the ticket firstname.lastname@example.org.
When: 11:30 a.m. to midnight on Thursday,October 25, 2012
Where: UNOChicago Grill
970 Paradise Road
Swampscott, MA 01907
Contact: Alycia Dell'Orfano
email@example.com or visit www.unodoughraisers.com
The Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless is a leader in developing innovative advocacy and programming on homelessness prevention, affordable housing, and meeting basic needs. These efforts result in measurable outcomes and community impact. Created in 1981,the Coalition embraces a collaborative approach to unify people and mobilize resources to support its mission to end homelessness in the Commonwealth.
For additional information about A Bed for Every Child Initiative and to learn about other ways to donate, visit the Coalition's website at mahomeless.org/programs or contactAlycia Dell'Orfano, at 781.595.7570 ext. 23.
2) Swampscott Scholars: SHS Class of 2012 graduate Trevor Whalen received the Sally and Irving Kaplan Memorial Scholarship.
3) Bit of Bill (Belichick): "“I think practice preparation is always an indicator of game performance - not necessarily 100 percent, because there are still a lot of variables there, but it's still an indicator.”
4) Weather Watch: The National Weather Service is calling for a mostly sunny day. Highs in the lower 60s.
5) Business Listing Watch: VIDEO: Businesses: Time to Claim Your Listing on Patch! It's Free! And Comes With Extra Cheese!
Business owners can claim listings in Patch Places to better promote their business and inform readers.