From Jodi Kalapinski:
Marines and Sailors deployed with the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit left a few weeks ago and will be deployed this holiday season and into next year.
A Marine Mom has been given over 100 names of Marines/Sailors who are NOT receiving care packages from home. This list was provided by senior officers. I'm trying to help find people who will either,
1) Sponsor the postage to send a Christmas care package to one or more of our brave Marines/Sailors.
2) Adopt one or more of our brave Marines/Sailors to send care packages, cards, letters , love and support . They need to know they have NOT been forgotten back home, especially during the holiday season. When you agree to adopt it is for the duration of their deployment.
Thank you !
If you would like more information
2. Weather Watch:
Thursday's forecast calls for a slight chance of showers before 12 p.m. with a high temperature of 68 degrees.
- Sunrise: 6:58 a.m.
- High tide: 10:27 a.m.
- Low tide: 4:36 p.m.
- Sunset: 5:57 p.m.
3. Town Notes:
In observance of the Columbus Day holiday on Monday, October 14th trash & recycling will be picked up one day late on the following days:
Wednesday trash & recycling will be collected Thursday, October 17th
Thursday trash & recycling will be collected Friday, October 18th
Friday trash & recycling will be collected Saturday, October 19th
4. Car Show Day:
5. Winter Parking Notes:
The Swampscott Police Department would like to announce that it is now accepting applications for the Town’s Winter Parking Ban. The Winter Parking Ban requires that motor vehicles must be off of the roadways between the hours of 1 A.M. and 6 A.M. from December 1, 2013 (the evening of November 30th) through 6 A.M. March 30, 2014. The only vehicles that may be left on the road during these hours are vehicles with valid Winter Parking stickers. Vehicles found to be in violation will be issued parking violations based upon the following conditions:
- The absence of a parking waiver sticker ($20.00)
- Vehicle parked on the street despite forecasted snowfall, regardless of being issued a sticker ($25.00).
- Vehicle parked on the street during a snow emergency and/or impeding snow removal ($50.00).
Interested parties may pick up applications and guidelines at the Swampscott Police Department or online atwww.swampscottpolice.com. There is a $30.00 non-refundable fee per motor vehicle for the application. Checks or money orders only are to be made payable to the Town of Swampscott. A copy of the registration for each vehicle at the residence must be submitted with the application.