Threats Against Police and Dog Fight
The following is an excerpt from the Swampscott Police logs. Where charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction.
Sunday, Nov. 4
- At 2:09 p.m., a Parsons Drive caller reported that a neighbor's willow tree is excessively tall and pieces are falling on his house.
- At 8:04 p.m., a resident came to the station and said they were locked out of the house on Atlantic Avenue. The Fire Department was dispatched to the location.
Monday, Nov. 5
- At 10:59 a.m., police arrested a man on Humphrey Street for threatening to commit a crime. (See arrest list below.)
- At 1:21 p.m., a caller on Columbia Street reported articles missing from her residence and unauthorized use of her credit cards.
- At 6:52 p.m., police received a report of two dogs fighting on Allen Street. The owner was seeking help from police. The dogs had been separated upon arrival of police. The owner will take one of the dogs to the vets to get evaluated.
- At 8:34 p.m., the MBTA called to report an unruly passenger on the train.
- At 10:24 p.m., a woman called the police station and threatened one of the department's members. The woman refused to give her name and continued to make disparaging remarks against the department. Dispatch informed the department member who was the target of the threats.
- At 10:51 p.m., police received a report of two people fighting on a bus on Essex Street. Salem police were also notified.
- David Ring, 48, of 8 Ashford Trail in Peabody was arrested for threatening to commit a crime.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to share your opinions with your community? Start your own blog here.