Swampscott Resident Taken to Hospital as Result of House Fire
Firefighters quickly extinguished a fire on Superior Street. It appeared to have started because of a cigarette.
A Superior Street resident was taken to a local hospital to be evaluated for smoke inhalation in the wake of a Wednesday fire.
Firefighters responded about 12:15 p.m. to 2 Superior St., near the Lynn line, to find a fire in the rear bedroom of a two-and-a-half story house. Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to that room.
Fire companies from Swampscott, Lynn and Marblehead assisted during the incident.
The home is in a residential neighborhood of two- and three-story homes within sight of the railroad station. The damaged home is a light-colored New Englander with a porch. The first floor is rental unit and the owner lives on the second floor, according to the Swampscott Fire Department.
We'll post more when we know it.