Stolen Christmas Decorations and a Disoriented Man
The following is an excerpt from the Swampscott Police logs. Where charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction.
Thursday, Dec. 6
- At 8:37 a.m., police received a call about a young man who appeared disoriented at 161 Paradise Road. He repeatedly walked by the crossing guard. Police responded but the man had left.
- At 9:26 a.m., police received a report about an elderly man with vision and cognitive problems who said he was intent upon driving his car.
- At 10:37 a.m., a power outage was reported on Sutton Place.
- At 4:50 p.m., a motor vehicle accident was reported in the parking lot at Whole Foods Market.
- At 5:41 p.m., police received a call about a hit-and-run accident at 250 Paradise Road. The vehicle that hit the other one was being driven erratically, said the witness, who folllowed the vehicle to Chestnut and Collins in Lynn.
(Log entries from earlier in the week.)
Monday, Dec. 3
- At 10:18 a.m., a Cherry Court caller reported that her ex-husband was harassing her over the phone.
- At 12:35 p.m., police investigated a domestic assault and battery on Farragut Avenue.
- At 5:19 p.m., police received a report from the 100-block of Redington Street that Christmas decorations were stolen from the front of the house overnight.