Slashed Tires and Graffiti Sprayed on a House
The following is an excerpt from the Swampscott Police logs. Where charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction.
Thursday, Nov. 8
- At 7:03 a.m., a Cherry Street caller reported to police that someone had placed a threatening letter in her mailbox.
- At 2:33p.m., Salem police requested the Swampscott Police Department's help contacting a Dory Way resident regarding an accident involving a pedestrian.
- At 3:05 p.m., a Puritan Road resident brought to the police station a list of items stolen in a past breaking and entering.
- At 3:49 p.m., a Boynton Street caller reported that her home may have been broken into earlier in the day.
- At 5:34 p.m., a caller reported a suspicious red motor vehicle parked on Cherry Court. There were two men inside the car. One of them, who lived on Cherry Court, has a warrant out for his arrest for armed burglary, but the warrant is out of Florida and only valid in Florida.
- At 7:23 p.m., an employee at the Olympia sporting goods store at 450 Paradise Road requested an officer to take a report about a theft at the store.
Friday, Nov. 9
- At 6:22 a.m., an Arbutus Road caller reported a loud boom and a power outage in the area of Arbutus and Magnolia. A transformer popped at Lexington and Forest. The fire department and National Grid were notified.
- At 8:29 a.m., a Cherry Street caller reported slashed tires on a motor vehicle.
- 11:32 a.m., the school resource officer reported an incident of harassment at the high school.
- At 4:22 p.m., a Hillside Avenue caller reported a motor vehicle break-in from two days earlier.
- At 5:35 p.m., tall teenage males fled toward Humphrey Street after spray painting graffiti on the back of an Atlantic Avenue home. Police searched for the youth and took a picture of the grafitti.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org