Resident Charged With Assault and Witness Intimidation
The following is an excerpt from the Swampscott Police logs. Where charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction.
Wednesday, Nov. 21
- At 12 p.m., Swampscott police received a report from a crossing guard about a youth operating a vehicle that almost struck a pedestrian in a crosswalk. The youth parked on Redington and refused to move.
- At 2:42 p.m., store owners at the 7-Eleven mall on Humphrey Street reported a group of youth hanging around the boardwalk area refusing to move for customers.
- At 8:23 p.m., police arrested a man on Tidd Street. See the arrest log, below.
- At 9:28 p.m., police received a report from a customer at the Red Rock Bistro who said that there was an unruly male customer there who customers were trying to control. The unruly male left the property.
- At 10:39 p.m., the school resource officer called to report that a parent was requesting an officer to speak with her daughter about an ongoing cyber-bullying incident. A previous investigation was underway.
Thursday, Nov. 22
- At 1:41 a.m., police received a report from Grant Street about a male being on the porch trying to get from one Grant Street address to another. The caller feared it was a breaking and entering in progress. The log entry indicates the individual on the porch was drunk.
- At 12:24 p.m., police received a report that a large skunk, possibly ill, was walking in the street near Spinale Way. The skunk may have gone in a garage.
- At 6:55 p.m., a Norfolk Avenue caller reported a motor vehicle accident. The damage was believed to be under $1,000. The drivers exchanged paperwork.
- Edward Narvaez, 41, of 14 Tidd St., Swampscott was charged with assault and battery, domestic, while a restraining order was in effect, and witness intimidation.
For questions about the log, email email@example.com