Recovered Needles and an OUI
The following is an excerpt from the Swampscott Police logs. Where charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction.
Thursday, Feb. 28
- At 8:57 am., police received a report that a resident fell at 565 Humphrey St. and was incoherent. The resident was transported to the hospital.
- At 4:13 p.m., a woman fell in the bathroom at a Hampden Street residence and was unconscious. The patient was transported to the hospital.
- At 4:43 p.m, an employee at the Cutting Crew reported that a customer turned in a found credit card.
- At 7:30 p.m., a fire alarm sounded at 49 Doherty Circle due to food on a stove. Firefighters vented the residence.
- At 9:55, police received a report of a 77-year-old not breathing at an apartment at 404 Paradise Road. The person was transported to Salem Hospital.
- At 11:24, police responded to a report of loud music and a barking dog on Kings Beach Terrace.
Friday, March 1
- At 1:40 a.m, police received a report of a large animal in the roadway at Humphrey Street and Salem Street. It was a bag of trash.
- At 11:14 a.m., police received a report of video showing a plow striking a community van at the Senior Center.
- At 3:16 p.m., police received a report of a suspicious bottle with a wick in it on Priscilla Road. It was a whiskey bottle.
- At 3:21 p.m., police received a report that someone lost a wallet at Dunkin' Donuts.
- At 5:11 p.m., police received a call from a 13-year-old girl alone in a house. She thought someone was in the house or trying to get into it. Police checked the house and everything appeared to be OK.
- At 6 p.m., a dog was hit by a car at 601 Humphrey Street.
- At 6:05 p.m., a dog was hit by a car at 667 Humphrey St.
- At 6:50 p.m., a caller reported that there were several needles in front of his house on Pine Street. The needles were recovered.
- At 7:05 p.m., shouting reported at a Sargent Road address.
Saturday, March 2
- At 1 a.m., police charged Robert Conway, 24, 6 Daventry Court, Lynnfield, with operating under the influence of liquor and negligent operation of a vehicle.