Possible Cocaine Overdose Reported
The following is an excerpt from the Swampscott Police logs. Where charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction.
Saturday, Jan. 5
- At 08:14 a.m., police received a report of a person in the 100-block of Puritan Road who had possibly broken a hip. The person was transported to the hospital.
- At 11 a.m., police received a report of a motor vehicle accident involving a passenger car and a bus at the high school. Possible injuries.
- At 11:46 a.m., police received a report of a pipe bursting in a Bar Link Way house. The fire department was notified.
- At 5:07 p.m., police received a report of a street-light being out by the church crossing at 174 Humphrey St., making it dangerous for the crossing guard and pedestrians. National Grid and DPW were notified.
- At 10:45 p.m., a Hemenway resident reported someone threw a ball at their house. It turned out the ball was thrown by a neighbor's child and no damage resulted.
Sunday, Jan. 6
- At 12:46 p.m., police received a report that a stray Dachshund was by the Machon School.
- At 3:46 p.m., police received a report of a stolen license plate at 419 Paradise Road, at Vinnin Square.
- At 4:49 p.m., police received a report that someone had broken into a parked motor vehicle at the Swampscott Mall near the Gap. Several items were reportedly stolen.
- At 5:35 p.m., police received a report of a possible water main break on Atlantic Avenue near Preston Court. Water was coming from the ground in the middle of the street.
- At 6:08 p.m., a caller told police that his wife was unable to stand or walk. The wife was transported to the hospital.
Monday, Jan. 7
- At 2:02 a.m., police received a report from a woman in the 1000-block of Paradise Road who said her husband was possibly over-dosing on cocaine. The caller said the husband may be in a pickup truck in the Summitt Estates parking lot.