Four Weekend Arrests After Motor Vehicle Stops
The following is an excerpt from the Swampscott Police logs. Where charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction.
Saturday, March 2
- At 10:01 am., police received a report that a bicyclist was struck by a motor vehicle at 202 Humphrey Street. An ambulance and firefighters were dispatched to the scene. No information on injuries.
- At 5:15 p.m., police made a motor vehicle stop on Paradise Road and arrested a woman on a warrant out of Lynn District Court.
- At 8:22 p.m, police stopped a vehicle at 980 Paradise Road and arrested the driver on a warrant out of Lynn District Court.
- At 10:29 p.m., police received a report of a loud party and people gathered outside at a Gooseneck Lane residence.
Sunday, March 3
- At 4:03 a.m, police received a request from Marblehead police for mutual aid in response to a large fight on Green Street.
- At 4:24 a.m., police responded to a two-car accident at 659 Humphrey St.
- At 9:49 a.m., police charged Jonathan Roy, 26, of 1 Loring Ave., Swampscott with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license. He was stopped at Capen Road and Essex Street.
- At 1:01 p.m., police charged John Towey, 53, of 275 Walnut St., Lynn with OUI and negligent operation of a motor vehicle. He was stopped in traffic at Boynton Street and Burrill Street.