Five Things to Know: Babe Ruth Registration is Open
Essential daily information at a glance.
Here are five things to know for Dec. 26 in Swampscott:
1) Babe Ruth Baseball Registration is Open: Yes, we had snow yesterday, but remember baseball season really isn't far away. Registration for Swampscott-Nahant Babe Ruth League is open.
2) Newsbit of the Day: The town's Gingerbread House Contest is in the books. Take a look at this year's winners.
3) Swampscott Scholars: Let's hear it for Lindsey Marini, winner of the Faith R. Shoer Scholar-Athlete Memorial Scholarship.
4) Weather Watch: Mostly cloudy. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
5) Gas Prices: Here are some of the lowest unleaded gas prices around Swampscott, according to Mapquest: $3.28 (that's low!) at Mobil on the Run, 525 Paradise Road; $3.40 at Swampscott Gulf #2105, 197 Essex St. and $3.50 at Paradise Service, 219 Paradise Road. Before you fill up, remember to check our "Commute" news page, which gives the lowest current gas prices.
Engage with your neighbors on Swampscott Patch: