Blown Transformer Ignites Tree Limb Fire
The following is an excerpt from the Swampscott Police logs. Where charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Swampscott Police logs.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
- At 7:41 a.m., a person turned in a wallet found on Paradise Road. Police notified the owner.
- At 10:01 a.m., a caller reported that her ex-boyfriend was repeatedly texting her in violation of a restraining order.
- At 6:08 p.m., a Middlesex Avenue caller reported youth in a car who were possibly using drugs.
- At 7:01 p.m., a caller reported a minor motor vehicle accident at 505 Paradise Road.
- At 9:07 p.m., a caller reported that a large tree had fallen on a home at 179 Aspen Road. The tree was resting against the home and the gutters were hanging. DPW was notified.
- At 11:44 p.m., parties were out trying to rescue boats that were off their moorings at Fisherman's Beach. The harbormaster was notified and was responding to the call.
- At 11:51 p.m., a transformer blew on Brown Road, knocking out power. A tree limb on a wire caught fire. The Fire Department was notified. National Grid responded to the scene and took care of the problem.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to share your opinions with your community? Start your own blog here.