5 Things You Need To Know Today: Aug. 25
From local history to local tides. Things to know in Swampscott on this summer day.
1) Weather Watch — National Weather Service forecasters are predicting a partly sunny day with a high near 84 and a chance of showers after noontime.
2) Tide Watch — Today's low tide is 2:33 pm (1.29 feet). High tide is 8:52 pm (9.4 feet). The sun will rise at 6 am and set at 7:29 pm.
3) Lottery Numbers for Wednesday —
Mega Millions: 11-21-44-48-49 Megaball 23 Megaplier x3
The Numbers Game:
Cash Winfall: 5-8-19-28-29-35
4) In Music History — Bruce Springsteen's album "Born to Run" was released. (From on-this-day-in-history)
5) 50 Years Ago Today in Swampscott, Aug. 24, 1961 — A lack of funds and the likelihood that the installation of lights on the pier at Fisherman's Beach will cost more than $1,000 is delaying the project until spring. (From the Lynn Item)