5 Things to Know: Wednesday's School Committee Meeting Includes Budget Hearing
Other agenda items at Wednesday's meeting include a first reading of the calendar for the next school year and a presentation by Wayne Spritz of the Renewable Energy Committee.
1) Town and School Meeting Watch: On Tuesday the Contributory Retirement Board is scheduled to meet in the Town Hall conference room at 8 a.m.. Also at Town Hall, the School Committee will meet in the office of the town administrator at 11:30 a.m. for budget talks; the Finance Committee meets at 7 in the first-floor conference room; and the Renewable Energy Committee meets at 7 p.m. in the second-floor conference room. In addition, Trustees of the Public Library meet at 6:30 p.m. in the Baldwin Room at the library.
2) Newsbit of the Day: There will be a public hearing on the school budget on Wednesday, Feb. 27 at 7 p.m. in Room B208 at the high school.
Other Agenda Items:
- 2013-2014 School Calendar – First Read
- Flag Dedication – Swampscott Middle School
- Renewable Energy Committee – Mr. Wayne Spritz
3) Swampscott Scholars: Nicholas Russo was among the students from the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth who made the Fall 2012 Dean's List:
4) Weather Watch: Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
5) School Watch: School is back in session after last week's February vacation.
Here are items listed on the School District calendar:
- 02:30PM HS - METCO - HOMEWORK CLUB
- 02:40PM HS - SHS DRAMA CLUB - DRAMA FESTIVA
- 05:30PM HS - KAPLAN SAT TEST PREP.
- 06:00PM MS - CYO Basketball Practices
- SE - Cultural Arts/Yoga during PE
- 02:45PM HS - MCAS WORKSHOP