5 Things to Know: Troop 53 Scout wins National Award
Harry Katz, a member of Boy Scout Troop 53 and a student at Swampscott Middle School, completed all of the requirements to earn his third National Jewish Scouting award.
Here are five things to know Jan. 17, 2013 in Swampscott:
1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The Board of Selectmen meet at 9 a.m. at Town Hall to take up bond matters. The School Committee meets at 3 p.m. in the principal's office at the high school to take up school building use for the Oddyssey of the Mind team. The Capital Improvements Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. at Town Hall. And the Renewable Energy Committee meets at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
2) Newsbit of the Day: Harry Katz, a member of Boy Scout Troop 53 and a student at Swampscott Middle School, completed all of the requirements to earn his third National Jewish Scouting award. Harry was recently recognized in a ceremony at Temple Reyim in Newton.
3) Swampscott Scholars: Swampscott High Class of 2012 graduate Abigail Feldman received the Swampscott High School Drama Club Scholarship.
4) Weather Watch: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
5) Big Blue Watch: The varsity girls basketball team plays Lynn Classical Friday on Classical's court. The varsity boys basketball team plays Lynn Classical at Swampscott High. Both games start at 7 p.m.