5 Things to Know: Toss Your Tree Next Week
The week of February 4 is the last chance to throw out your Christmas tree and have it picked up by the town.
1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The Historic District Study Committee meets tonight at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
2) Newsbit of the Day: Toss your tree next week. The Health Department announced that tree collection will be next week (Feb. 4th) on your regular trash day. Please be sure tree is completely bare (including tree stands and plastic bags).
Also, the Health Department have a limited supply of flu vaccine available. If interested, please call our office at 781-596-8864 and leave a message with your name and phone number.
3) Swampscott Scholars: Matthew A. Barbuzzi, of Swampscott, is participating in St. Lawrence University's International Study Program for the spring 2013 semester. Barbuzzi, a member of the class of 2014 at St. Lawrence, is studying in London. Barbuzzi graduated from Swampscott High. Over 46 percent of St. Lawrence University's Class of 2012 studied off campus during their undergraduate careers, either in one of its 17 international study programs or programs in the United States.
4) Weather Watch: A chance of rain, mainly after 11 am. Patchy fog between 9 am and 3 pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 57. Breezy, with a southwest wind 13 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
5) Big Blue Watch: The Swampscott High swim team will be in action today at 5 at Salem State for the NECs.