5 Things to Know: Selectmen Return to 7 PM Start Time
The board will return to their new time starting this week when they meet on Wednesday at Town Hall.
Here are five things to know for the opening day of 2013 in Swampscott:
1) Join or Watch the Polar Bear Plunge: The 7th annual Swampscott Yacht Club Polar Bear Plunge is this morning at Fisherman's Beach. Sign in begins at 10:15 a.m. with the icy dip at 11 a.m. Proceeds benefit the family of Dave Whelan.
2) Newsbit of the Day: The Board of Selectmen’s meetings will start at 7 p.m. beginning with this week's meeting, Wednesday, Jan. 2.
3) Swampscott Scholars: Swampscott High Class of 2012 graduate Alexandra Chasse received the Morton Sheinman and Elaine Sheinman Hoffman Memorial Scholarship.
4) Weather Watch: Sunny, with a high near 37. West wind 16 to 20 mph with gusts reaching 30 mph.
5) Big Blue Watch: The boys varsity hockey team is back in action Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. against rival Salem. The game will be at Salem State.