1) Town and School Meeting Watch: The Athletic Field Study Committee is scheduled to meet tonight at 7:15 p.m. at Town Hall. Agenda items include a proposal by Josh Field, a presentation by Barry Greenfield, and a discussion of possible private funding opportunities.
2) Newsbit of the Day: On Wednesday the town opened bids for proposals to dredge a Tedesco Golf Course pond used for flood control. The winning bid will be announced within two weeks, the town administrator said.
3) Swampscott Scholars: Sarah Gardiner of Swampscott, MA, a member of the class of 2013 at Trinity College in Hartford, Conn., has received Faculty Honors for the 2012 fall semester.
To earn Faculty Honors, a student must achieve a semester grade point average of at least a 3.667 with no individual letter grade below B-minus.
Founded in Hartford, Connecticut, in 1823, Trinity College (www.trincoll.edu) is an independent, nonsectarian liberal arts college with over 2,200 students from 45 states and 47 countries. It is home to the eighth-oldest chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in the United States.
4) Weather Watch: Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 10am, then a slight chance of rain between 10am and noon. Areas of fog before 9am. Temperature falling to around 43 by 5pm. Windy, with a south wind 25 to 33 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
5) Big Blue Watch: The Boys and Girls track teams will compete in the NECs on the Reggie Lewis Track in Boston at 4:30 p.m.