9 Things To Know About the 103rd Swampscott/Marblehead Thanksgiving Game
Thursday's game at 10 am at Piper Field in Marblehead is for all the chips on the table.
1) Game Day Weather Watch — National Weather Service forecasters are predicting a sunny day in Marblehead on Thursday with a high near 46, and a north wind between 6 and 13 mph.
2) Ticket Watch — Last chance for presale of game tickets is today, Wednesday, Nov. 23, from 8 am to 10 am in the high school athletic office.
Ticket prices are $7 for adults and $5 students/senior citizens.
Tickets on the day of the game at Piper Field will cost $10.
3) Big Blue has a 9-1 record, 4-0 in the league. The Magicians are 7-2, 4-0 in the league. The winner of Thursday's game advances to the playoffs and a chance to earn a Super Bowl berth.
4) The game starts at 10 am but we recommend that you get there by 9 am to find a parking place and get your seat.
5) The two teams played their first game in 1909. It ended in a tie 0-0.
6) The overall record for Thanksgiving games is Swampscott 49 wins and Marblehead 46 wins with 7 ties.
7) The teams met on multiple occasions a few years. The overall record is Swampscott 50 wins and Marblehead 48 wins with 7 ties.
8) The most lopsided win for Marblehead came in 1918 when they won 59-0.
9) The most lopsided win for Swampscott came in 1995 when they won 44-0.